SNOWMAGEDDON IN SEATTLE!!!!!!!!!
We do rain. Not snow. We buy environmentally approved small cars (Guilty), organic foods, and like to know what farm and the name of the cow that we are just about to devour. I’m not going to let my asian driver self ponder out into the skating rink we call roads. So long To-Do List… Hello, Raspberry Orange muffins!!
I saw a package of raspberries dyeing in the fridge so I decided to use that up before expiration. I used this simple and easy recipe because I had all the ingredients at hand with the addition of fresh orange zest! The orange zest added depth to the dough and was the extra oomph in flavor.
Coco Chanel and I had a romp in the snow while these were baking. She looks like a mini polar bear!!!
The final product… Coco approves.
The raspberry stayed huge and in one piece which allowed for explosions of tart, berry bites. I topped them with a little sugar on top for a crunchy glazed MUFFINTOP!!!! MUFFINTOPS ARE THE BEST PART OF THE MUFFIN!!!!! That’s what my ex-boyfriend
never always said.
See what I’m saying about the berry explosion!
Life is whizzing by. 2011 flickered by… without much accomplishment! I spent last year going to school while working full time, applying for
millions numerous jobs, and interviewing. My only resolution was to find a career path. This didn’t happen… BUT I HAD A LOT OF FUN THIS YEAR!!!! WOOT!! Here you were, thinking I was going SERIOUS! Psh, yeah right. Life is too serious to be serious.
Apparently, the world is going to end in 2012. Y2K pops into my head. I didn’t buy stockpiles of canned goods. I’m asian… we are very handy. I’m sure there will always be a dog or cat around to consume. Just kidding. I’m not kidding.
I always wondered how the world would end. I went to christian school for 12 years so my idea of the end of the world is when people have barcodes on their wrists, with groups of random people just disappearing into thin air. My high school AP history teacher Mrs. Stubbs always had a theory about Leonardo Dicaprio being the AntiChrist. We also had a 20 page final project that took weeks to finish about The Rapture. I am still bitter about Bible class being the reason of ruining my perfect GPA. What do you think will happen?
Theories aside, I will make this last year of life a productive year. I WILL travel (and not let my boring job hold me back), I WILL find a new career, and I WILL eat lot’s of delicious foods. Duh. Nothing has ever stopped me from eating.
Disclaimer: I don’t actually think the world will end. The morbid part of me just wishes…
I am not exactly a holiday person… as in the thought of the holidays make me puke a little in my mouth. I understand everybody enjoys these “joyous” and “wondrous” times so I attempt to keep my animosity to a minimum. Thanksgiving is a better holiday for me then Christmas. It’s all about gluttony and I don’t know anybody who does gluttony better then me (you’re talking to the girl who had 4 McChickens and large fries nightly in high school).
Let me share a
corny list of Thank You’s.
1. I am thankful for my dog Coco Chanel. She’s CRAZY but she looks like a teddy bear and licks my salty tears on my bad days.
2. I am thankful for my amazingly awesome friends. My family and work lives are unstable and quite stressful but my friends literally keep me alive. I’m lucky enough to have kept all my high school, college, post college and Red Robin friends very close. Our Saturday night’s are better then any episode of Jersey Shore or Bad Girls Club. Gossip and drama are not in our vocabulary. I ruv u all rong time…
3. I am thankful for my dad’s bank account. DON’T LIE! I KNOW MOST OF YOU ARE TOO!
4. I am thankful for boys who are in bands, boys with tattoos, and boys in suits. No personal attachments to these… just generally thankful for them : D
5. I am thankful for my new car, Chester. Chesty Chesterton. Chester the molester… I’m happy to go green with my hybrid but in a non-Prius way.
6. I am thankful for the millions of asians who order Banzai buhguh sum pink CUT HAF *motioning with hand* wif honey mustaah and stawbarree remonade at Red Robin. It kept me very entertained during my Red Robin career.
7. I am thankful for LIFE! Oh yes, how cheesy. Life is tough. At least I have my health, my sanity (somewhat), and an ability to make all my shortcomings into funny jokes that I can laugh about.
Now let’s all go stuff our faces until our muffintop is brimming over our skinny jeans with the constant smell of butter and turkey juices stained on our fingers.
Happy NOM NOM NOM TURKEY day!